Monday, November 8, 2010

Ideas - The Fuel for Teaching

When I started teaching, after all the training, the planning and the worrying was done I was surprised by two things. One, teaching is a lot of work that unless you've done it, you don't really get it. Two, that once I accepted that my philosophy of teaching was about engaging kids, my practice is fueled by ideas.


People didn't come to my class to see me teach, they came to see my ideas in practice. At conferences, people don't go to a workshop unless they think they're going to get a good idea to integrate into their own practice. I suspect this isn't a surprise for many folks, but it is a simple concept I need to constantly remind myself.


A good idea can go a long way.


So, let's see what good ideas our explorations will find.


Let the adventure begin .......

1 comment: